Friday, May 19, 2006

A Sea Voyage

‘The Atlantic Ocean, 7th January, 179-
My Dear Nannerl,
I am on a journey to the other side of the world, having boarded a ship called the Oracle at Portsmouth. I do not know when I shall return… You may never read this letter, but I like to think you will. I shall write to you anyway because first of all I made a promise that I would and secondly, (this has the same intensity as the first), because you matter more to me than anyone I have known.
If you find it difficult to accept my parting gift - Josef Metzger will describe it in more precise detail that you may understand my reasoning. I ask you to think of all the graves in the world and say to yourself, Mozart’s body could not be left to moulder amongst foreign worms. One day, you will rest near him, but not yet…’
This and other letters had been brought to me in a rusty box by Herr Metzger, who is both a fellow lodger in this building and a kind friend. The words belong to Jakob Hofmann and are meant to console me both for the loss of my brother and the absence of a friend. Therein lies another tale, but I am not yet certain if it is one for my diary. I will think on it. N.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nannerl is my role model, I love what you are doing!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Raechel said...

I absalutly love Nannerl!
Is this possibly in a book form? I would love to read it but I cant spend to much time on the computer.

~Raechel~
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/pony/

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to do a speech on Nannerl! This will be interesting information! :)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home